Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Average Juan'derer' invades Singapore!! Day 3 - Sentosa Island, Universal Studios Singapore, Airport boo boo



This post is about our last day in Singapore (awww..sad) so for our last day, we planned to wander around Sentosa Island and visit the famous Universal Studios Singapore (Yippe!!).

Did You Know: The Average Juanderer has never been to Enchanted Kingdom!! (Anyone kind enough to tour him there? =p)

Kuya ran out of Singapore Dollars so he left early the next morning to exchange some currencies. We agreed to go to Sentosa at around noon. While he was gone, I took the privilege of eating some good breakfast (free breakfast included) and to stay and just chill at the hostel (and was hoping to meet some new friends ^_^).

We stayed at Beary Nice! Hostel on Smith Street in Chinatown. True to it's name, the lobby and the recreation area looks very nice and has a lot of cuddly bears on display. You can find some nice hostels in Singapore at Hostelworld.com

Beary Nice! Hostel's Reception Area


The Living/Recreation Room (They have some nice DVD's available)
Catching up on my emails. The hostel has free wi-fi and netbooks for use.

It was already around noon when we got to Sentosa Island. There's a lot of options to choose from on how you're going to get to the reclaimed land. You can check your options here.
In our case, we rode the Sentosa Express which is located at the 3rd Level of VivoCity. As I have mentioned in my previous post, you can use the Singapore EZ card for payment. Ticket price: $3.50.

When we went to Universal Studios Singapore, it was a Non-peak day so we only paid $68/person. The ticket price varies depending if it's Peak or Non-Peak day (Obviously, peak season means higher ticket price). To check their calendar click here. Here's the link for their Ticket prices

Universal Studios Singapore is a lot of Fun! No, I should say Tons of Fun!! (hehehe). It's like being a kid all over again.



Ogre?!! Afraid!!
With Mr. Franky...Ang Angas! hehe
Madagascar Ride - You're in for a Splash!...Did I just say Splash?..
Transformers!! Unfortunately, it was still in construction at that time =(

After exhausting ourselves from all the rides and attractions that USS has to offer, we decided to explore the rest of the island. Sentosa Island, as they call it, is Asia's Favorite Playground and I must say, it's a vast playground! hehehe. Don't think that USS is the only attraction that Sentosa has, there's a lot of other things to do so I would advise you to get a Sentosa Island flyer so you can have a clear idea of what to do in the island. You can also check their website here.

As for us, we decided to go to Palawan Beach (Yup! You heard me right. They have a beach called Palawan) to have a good walk (as if we haven't had enough of walking LOL) Good thing there's a bus going around the island so be sure to catch it!

Palawan Beach, Sentosa Island
We returned to the Mainland at around 5pm because we have to catch up with the stores to buy 'pasalubong'. Our flight is around midnight (0040H to be exact) so we planned to eat dinner at Chinatown which is the area that were at and just stay at the hostel before our flight back home.

Buying 'Pasalubong' while taking picture with the Malay saleslady
My last meal in SG. I bought this in Chinatown and it's $6 - Very good, I can still remember the taste.

Remember I mentioned in my SG Day 1 post that I failed with the Singapore Pass Card? Hehehe!

Stupid me, After going all through the immigration process, I was so excited to explore Singapore that I forgot all about the pass card. When we got to the airport at around 10pm, I carelessly slid the pass card to my checked in baggage (Uh-Oh!)
By the time that I was interviewed by the immigration officer, the officer was asking for my pass card. That was the only time I remembered everything about it. I apologized and said that I stupidly placed it in my checked in bag. The lady was kind enough to instruct me to go to a counter far from my right. I hurriedly went to the counter and at the counter, a big Asian woman was sitting
(Imagine an Asian version of Big Bertha with a strong English accent...hehe pretty scary =P)

Our conversation went something like this:

IO: "What is your problem?"

Me: "The lady ask me to go here because I can't present my Pass Card"

IO: "Where is your Pass Card?!"

Me: "I stupidly placed it in my Checked in Baggage...Sorry"

Lady, No response and gave me a pen and a form

Me: ?.......... (aimlessly looking at the form, while staring back at her)

IO: (With a demanding look) "Well don't just stand there?! Fill up the form! Why? Do you want me to fill up the form for you?!!"

Me: (Frightened yet apologetic) "Oh! Ok, I'm sorry..."

Hehehe it was one heck of an experience but anyway, it's my fault so lesson learned:
DON'T FORGET YOUR PASS CARD! =P


So that's about it! That concludes my first out of the country adventure. The entire trip was memorable and I really had fun. Singapore is a nice and clean city and my favorite part of the trip: Food!! ^_^
So who knows, I might just go back any time soon ;)





2 comments:

Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com said...

I'd been to Singapore 2x but I've never gone to Sentosa and Universal. So expensive! Last time, I was given a complimentary cable ride pass to Sentose, and it's good until January 2013, so I hope that next time I go back to SG, I'll go to use it na. Universal looks nice but still too expensive for me hehe

Gelo_Quebral said...

Hi Aleah, I have to agree, it really is expensive. For peak season, the ticket price for USS is $74 but you can get a discounted rate ($68) through some hostels in SG. Sana magamit mo na siya next time... you can just stroll at their beaches or just simply wander around the island... You still have time to prepare =)